Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Elfen Lied

About 20 minutes ago, I finished watching the final episode of Elfen Lied. I'd say it's the greatest thing I've ever watched. Only 1 game I've ever played, Metal Gear Solid 1, has come close to comparison, but even then, still cant compare. I was going to play a game, but there's no point. Nothing can come close to Elfen lied. The story is so dark, the characters are so well thought, the first 7 minutes are so violent.

Elfen Lied is an Animé, which tells the story of a girl named Lucy. She is a genetic mutant, called a Diclonius (Not the dinosaur). The Diclonius have horns on their heads, which look like cat ears. They also have a set of invisible hands, called Vectors, which they can use to lift things, or, as the first 7 minutes show, horribly butcher people. Lucy was imprisoned in a research facility, for testing. She is released and fights, or more like slaughters, her way out of the facility, before being shot in the head, and falling into the sea. She is washed up on shore, and found by Khota and Yuka. Khota and Yuka are cousins, who start living together towards the beginning of the series. At this point, Lucy is found to have Amnesia (I think I'd be a bit forgetful after taking an anti tank round to the head...), and also posses' very little capability of speech. She is re-dubbed Nyu, because that is the only thing she says at the time, and is taken back to Khota and Yuka's house.

I leave it at that, since I don't really want to give anything major away. Just expect alot of violence, and one of the best storylines you'll ever witness.

No comments: