Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Animal Movement

I've got to get some research done on animal movement. I wasn't really sure what to do, since you cant really get the idea by reading something about it. So I went out and found some videos. I thought that I'd focus on the way cats move, since I have a cat,and theres bound to be alot of videos of cats on the internet. Since I have to animate an animal moving, I thought I'd focus on a few common movements that a cat would make. I thought I'd go with Walking, Running, Jumping.

The first video I found on youtube, was very useful. It's a video of someones cat, which they put on a treadmill, and the camera just follows the cat while it slowly speeds up on the treadmill.



From a link onwards from that video, I found another video of a cat on a tread mill. Only this one is from the front, instead of the side, which shows how the cat moves from side to side as it walks.



I then moved onto Jumping. There weren't that many good videos showing cats jumping, mostly just videos of cats being dumb. However, after a while of searching, I found a video of a cat jumping after it's toy in slow motion. It shows how it's back legs push off into the air really well, since in full speed, it would be very hard to see.



I think at some point, I'll record my cat doing stuff too, since I'll be able to observe her better than someone's cat on youtube.

No comments: