Thursday, April 30, 2009

Final Project

My final project has changed from a recreation of my previous level, to a completely new level. It's the environment from a game idea I've had knocking around for a looooooooooooooooong time. The premise of the game is that a zombie outbreak occurs, and shit goes downhill from there. Typical zombie story. But this is for an RPG. There have been RPG's which have incorporated zombies as part of them, but as far as I am aware, there are none which are solely based on a zombie outbreak, and nothing else.

The Area of the game I'll be creating is the strong hold area. It's an area of the city which has been deserted, destroyed, and then repopulated and secured, with some buildings be used how they were meant, and others being repurposed. I would like to have the whole city on show, with the surrounding wooded areas, and smaller villages past that, but for my final project, I'll be focusing on just the stronghold area. I've done a little bit of prototyping work already, which may or may not make it into the full level, just to get me back into the level design process, and to work on my architectural skills. I can map pretty well, but mapping theory changes depending on the type of level. Luckily my mappin skills mostly focus on open ended levels, which are ideal for roleplaying in. So this city should fit my skills, and allow me to show them off.

I've already put together a character concept, and I've been working on my level plan in Illustrator. My Level Plan will be printed out as a series of A3 prints, with a print for each height level of the map.I will possibly have another series of A4 prints with the plan of the interiors of each individual building, or at least the main housing block.

No comments: